Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's easy to get names mixed up

A couple of days ago I was talking to a friend and she told me a little story.
Last weekend she was out with some of her friends having a few pints in one of the pubs in town. She needed to go to the toilet, and while she was sitting in one of the cubicles in the bathroom of the bar she overheard a conversation. Two girls were chatting away over by the mirrors while they put on some make up.
One of them asked the other how her 3 year old was getting on.
Oh, he's great, she replied.
He must get on really well with your mum?
Oh, well he does, she said, but she keeps calling him Mickey instead of Willy.
My friend didn't think anything of it for a minute or two, but she got a fit of the giggles when she realized that the reason the grandmother kept getting them mixed up was because they are both names used for penises.
She may as well have called him John Thomas.

I'm sorry if this post lowered the tone a little, but when she told me I thought it was kinda funny. You can see just how much of a sheltered life I lead... While I'm here I may as well keep going. I tried to google other people names which can also be used for penises and I found none (if you know any, please do let me know) but I did find this interesting fact: A whale's penis is called a dork.
You learn something new every day.
I promise never to talk about this subject again.

No comments: